Saturday 7 December 2013

A History Lesson

Many people think DrivenByQ is my first attempt at a private hire company. In fact it is my second. My first effort was two years previous with the UK's first Internet licenced private hire company. It was aimed at passengers outside Great Britain travelling in to the UK.

Ten years ago if you built a web site, it was fairly easy to rank high on the search results in Google. The bookings received from the web site I built were fantastic! I met a string of celebrities, VIPs and businessmen. It didn't last long though because Google was unpredictable.

The algorithm Google used for ranking web sites changed regularly. One day a web page could be #1 and the next #101. To make anything of such an erratic business it would need supporting by something more stable: One business for bread and butter income and the other as icing on the cake.

That was where the idea for DrivenByQ came from: A local businesses marketing offline with the intention of volume bookings from smaller numbers of customers. After eight years of growth and slowly establishing a reputable business, I think it is now time to revisit the original idea.